Wednesday, November 16, 2016

I Lost My Puppy!

"Oh no, where is he?" I'd just gotten home from church and my pup, who was supposed to be asleep in his play pen area (a long, tall, rectangular metal enclosure) was no where to be found! I called my oldest son to see if he took him. He said, "No". I frantically searched the house, calling his name, "Apollos, Apollos!" Exasperated, I stood in the middle of the living room thinking, "How can someone completely lose a puppy?" Then I heard a...thump, thump, thump, coming from the direction of the stairs. I ran over as he peaked his freckled little white nose around the corner. A sigh of relief escaped as I rushed over to pick him up. My little man learned how to climb up the cage to the top and tumble over the edge to freedom! I put him back in and hid to watch his escape method. Needless to say, I quickly headed back to the pet store to exchange the play pen for a crate. I'm thankful my pup is safe and didn't get into anything harmful while roaming free. 

Friends, have you ever gone outside the safe boundaries The LORD has placed around your life? I have. It was a slow, downward spiral into a disastrous mess. I didn't even realize I'd wandered too far until my life was crumbling around me. The people I love most in the world were hurt, disappointed and deeply affected by my choices to run from The LORD and HIS Loving Wisdom and Guidance. I hid for a long time in my shame. I didn't want to come out into the Light. I felt I didn't deserve to have a good life. But sitting in my hiding spot only compounded the problem, keeping me from receiving JESUS' Redeeming, Forgiveness, Love and Healing. A Healing not only for me but for my loved ones who were hurt the most by my bad choices. 

I'm thankful for this reminder of running, hiding and being found. I'm thankful for the Healing and Restoration JESUS has brought into my life and my family's. I'm thankful that in and through HIM *all* things are made new! HE is the Seeker of the lost, and broken, calling them out of darkness and into HIS Marvelous Light.
 
"He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake."~Psalm 23:3

"because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death."~Romans 8:2

Jump on the Thankful Train...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment