Monday, October 10, 2016

When Your Mistake Costs Much

So I was watching football after church today because duh...isn't that what everyone does during the most amazing season of the year? Anyways, while waiting for my Packers game I had the Eagles vs. the Lions game on. The Eagles were undefeated and on their way to yet another win when all of a sudden the Eagles running back fumbled the ball and the Lions recovered it. The cameraman continued to flash over to the running back whose error cost the Eagles their first loss 23-24. 
The running back was sitting alone and visibly upset at the magnitude of his error. Again and again, the camera went back to focus on him. I felt so bad for the guy, he was so distraught over his fumble. Finally he put on his helmet with a dark visor attached to keep the camera off him. 

This visual reminded me how we often react to our life mistakes. We sit alone too long, mulling over again and again, mentally beating ourselves up. 
Today I'm thankful for the knowledge that while I'm not perfect and mess up often, I don't have to carry the weight on my shoulders, hiding behind a dark mask of shame and guilt. I'm thankful for a relationship with JESUS CHRIST that allows me to be forgiven, forgive myself, as well as others. 

Friends, if you've been carrying a burden for too long, it's time to let it go. Don't sit alone and hide. GOD's got big plans for you and it doesn't include moping around and looking behind. The past is past. Ask The LORD for forgiveness; lay it down and don't pick it back up. Keep your eyes on JESUS, ask HIM to take away your sins, forgive you, and come into your heart and life, making all things new. HE already paid the price, accept HIS forgiveness, the free gift HE gave to you upon the cross, rising on the 3rd day to newness of life. You've been called for more. Let the Light of CHRIST shine into the darkness. Let it go!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."~2 Corinthians 5:17

Jump on the Thankful Train...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment