Monday, October 17, 2016

When You Begin To Fall...

I made it up, over and around. It was low tide just like the local report said. I could've simply headed down the street for a normal beach shot, but an adventurous view was tugging at my heart. 

I sat basking in the warm glow of the setting sun. My tripod strategically placed in the middle of the fluorescent-green moss filled pools, as the sun dipped low beyond the horizon. I carefully climbed my way up a slick ledge above a break in the cliff to capture water shooting through and splashing high. 

I always push myself to areas that may be a bit treacherous attempting to achieve that perfect shot. After a short time, a rogue wave barreled up and over the entire area below. I immediately realized I'd waited a bit too long and my escape route was closing fast. I quickly scanned the ocean to see if another wave was coming. I had but a moment to get down and across the tide pools to safety. I wedged my left foot in a nook and attempted to place my right foot on an area to climb down. I hadn't accounted for the slickness of that particular spot, unaware the wave had reached that high. My foot slid down the ledge, my body following, my leg scraping on the way down, as I pummeled into the sharp, jagged pool below. My knee must've taken the blunt force. It was throbbing and I could barely walk, along with my shin, ankle and foot being pretty sliced up. But I was still in danger, so I forced myself up and hobbled to safety. 

I know, I know...what was I thinking? 
I don't know! 
I sometimes just charge forward and then find myself in deep water. 

Sin is like that, it can be enticing, attractive, misleading in its hidden danger. But when you go to those places you know you're not supposed to, you're bound to fall. 

I'm thankful I was able to walk to safety. I'm thankful I don't appear to have broken anything (pray for my knee-we'll see tomorrow). 

Friends, join me in remembering the next time temptation comes to pray before you act on it. Ask for The LORD's guidance, direction and strength to stay on the right path so you don't lose your secure footing and fall.  

"As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving."~Colossians 2:6-7

Jump on the Thankful Train...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment