Sunday, October 16, 2016

Answered Prayer vs. Unanswered Prayer: A Lesson In Both

Today I'm thankful for answered prayer *and* unanswered prayer (a lesson in both). So let's review. I had two big prayers I lifted up today, one for health and one for favor. When I received the text that my dad's surgery to place a plate in his arm was a success and he was doing good, I was grateful. But after I knew my dad was okay...I couldn't stop focussing on the second request that didn't quite get answered the way I'd hoped. I asked, "LORD, what is going on? I don't get it?" 
And then, you know what? I planted myself right there. I sat in that place of discontentment, completely disregarding the *huge* answer I'd just received.  

Finally, after a few hours of mulling over it, I was reminded of two very important things: 
1) GOD is not my personal genie. HE is *always* working for what is *best* in every single situation. HE sees the end result to the trials and unanswered prayers. 
2) I need to trust and remain faithful in remembering all that GOD *has* done for my family and I; a constant state of gratitude. 

Friends, join me in praying for help to stay in a place of thankfulness even when some prayers seem to go unanswered. Let's ask The LORD to help us focus on the answers we *have* received...strengthening our faith. Let's ask forgiveness for the times we make it all about us, forgetting that it's really all about JESUS, what HE's done for us and our Salvation (the bigger picture.) Let's ask GOD to reveal the lessons HE's teaching in times of waiting (helping us grow).

"Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us,
But to Your name give glory,
Because of Your mercy,
Because of Your truth."~Psalm 115:1

Jump on the Thankful Train...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment