Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Finding Real Treasure-A True Story!

I was headed to the beach to take pics for my niece. I stopped at Target for a quick errand. I noticed a young girl and her baby sitting out front with a sign, so I grabbed a quick gift card. I stopped to give it to her, (now this is a disclaimer: please know that I'm *not* sharing this to get kudos, I'm sharing because I was being taught an important lesson today-you'll see what I mean as you read on). I asked her name and her baby's name, "Isabella and Alejandro," she said. She was from Romania and spoke broken English. I glanced at her sign, it said she was needing a motel room for the night. I didn't have any cash, but hoped the gift card would provide for some of her needs. I was late so I told her I'd be praying for them. I got to my car, and it hit me, "Why didn't you pray for them right then? Gulp. I got back out and asked if I could pray with them. She smiled and said, "Yes." We prayed together.
I went back to my car and realized I couldn't just leave. So I looked up the number to Collette's Children's Home in HB, and went back to give it to her. Her English was broken, so I called for her. They didn't offer immediate shelter, but gave me the number of a place that did. I handed the info to Isabella along with my number, and hurried back to my car a *third* time. 

By this time my two niece's and sis-in-law were already at the beach waiting for me. I apologized and hurried to meet them. For the next few hours we took fun maternity photos with some props I brought. One of them was a heart shaped wire basket. I bought fake shells to put in it. I didn't think it was good enough so I took our prized shell collection from home that the hubby, Anthony and I gathered through some painstaking adventures. Well guess what? I left my basket/shell collection lying in the sand and when I went back down the beach to get it...someone had taken it! I was soooo upset. Those shells were amazing and special.

Now here's where The LORD reminded me of Truth, and boy I needed it. While driving home, still *very* upset about the shells and not wanting to tell the hubby (he loves them as much as I do, if not more)...this thought poured over me, "You are worried about meaningless earthly treasures. I'm calling you to search for *real* treasure...lost, hurting and broken people who need hope, love and kindness. People who are wandering without a SAVIOR." 

I'm thankful for being strongly reminded of what has *true* value...and it's *not* things! I'm letting the thoughts of my lost shells go and praying for Isabella and her baby.

Friends, join me in keeping your focus on searching for *real* treasure in your day...the people JESUS places along your path!

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."~Matthew 6:21

Jump on the ThankfulTrain...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment