Monday, September 19, 2016

She's Thankful For What?

We turned down the aisle at Target and there was a woman and her adorable little Pomeranian sitting in her basket just begging to be pet. Of course we stopped to play and chat. The woman, Christy, was here visiting from Yosemite. She was the sweetest, most joy filled lady, which was in direct contrast to her story. She had breast cancer and a double mastectomy a year ago. She is now cancer free. 
I shared about my ongoing cancer check-ups, struggles and many answers to prayers. 
And do you know what she told us? 
Her eyes lit up as she said, "Cancer was one of the best things that's ever happened to me. It made me appreciate my life and realize that I do not have to worry about the little daily struggles. They are truly meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Life is too short to be miserable. I thank GOD each day for the gift of another day of life." 

Her words hit hard. How can she be thankful for receiving a disease that changes your life forever? This is a whole new level of thankfulness that is mind boggling...defying all human logic. But there it was. Spoken out loud in the middle of the store from a woman who was thrust into an unimaginable battle. But through her struggle The LORD met her there, revealing something deeper to her spirit. 
She told me she was going to continue to pray for me and I told her I'd be praying for her also. We hugged one another like old friends. As we walked away she said, "You are so precious Lisa. I may never run into you again here on earth but I look forward to one day seeing you in Heaven." 

Oh friends, I'm thankful for meeting this beautiful woman. I'm thankful for those daily *GOD* moments that remind.
If you find yourself struggling over the *little* things, like I often do, join me today in taking a different outlook. A renewing of mind and thoughts. A reset of truth. A *larger* view. A reminder of Blessings in the middle of struggles. Time is short. Days and years fly by. 
What are we doing with our time? 
Worrying? Stressing?
Let's ask for The LORD's help to truly see things through HIS Eyes. 

For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ."~1 Corinthians 2:16

Jump on the #ThankfulTrain...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment