Friday, October 23, 2015

WHEN THERE WAS NOTHING LEFT...HE WAITED!

He swiftly flew in. The white, gray and black coloring stood out against the dark tide pool rocks. I had food...he wanted it. As people walked by, he'd move a short distance away only to return again. He was patient. I tossed some crumbs in his direction.
After a short time, another seagull flew in. He was smaller in size and a dull, dingy gray in color, blending perfectly with the backdrop. I was partial to the first seagull who came to share my day, giving him all the food as the smaller bird stood back and watched in hopeful expectation. I finally relented, throwing some remnants in his direction also. I finished eating, crumpled my trash and put it in my bag.
The first seagull realized his food was gone and quickly flew away to find the next meal further up the beach. The grey bird remained by my side. There was no reason for him to. As people passed, setting up camp, he made himself comfortable in the shadow of my chair. I soon found myself wanting to reward him. He seemed extraordinarily dedicated to me. I reached into my bag, opening the ball of trash, looking for something to give him. I found a few slivers of tomatoes, lettuce and bread crumbs. I set the food down very close to me as he bravely came to get it. After another 20 minutes passed, I shuffled through my trash, wanting to find something...anything. 
His perseverance and faithfulness at remaining by my side touched me. I wanted to feed him. "What a strange feeling," I thought, "it's just a seagull...who isn't even much to look at for that matter."
Then it hit me, the similarity of how I must appear when I come to The LORD; some days I show up, wait a short time to be filled and then go about my day. 
However, on the days when I feel extra needy, I slow. I sit patiently waiting for HIM. I am dedicated, determined, unwavering and faithful in drawing closer, waiting for the full abundance of HIS Love and Blessings to pour over on me.

Oh how I want to be like the second seagull...always waiting in hopeful expectation. I want to never lose sight of JESUS' Love and all that HE has to share as I sit at HIS Feet, drawing closer in expectancy. I want to be steadfast in faith as HIS Mighty Hand reaches low to feed, help, guide, direct, forgive and save me.
"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"~Matthew 6:26

Join me in persevering friends. Don't wander. Don't chase after the next thing that will never fill the emptiness. Let GOD'S Love envelope you. Be like this steadfast bird who in his faithful persistence, caused me to reach in again and again looking to bless him. 

In your seeking...you will find HIM.  "Be of good courage." HE will "strengthen your heart" and reward your faithfulness with HIS Love.,,"Wait, I say, on The LORD." 

Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!~Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment