Monday, October 26, 2015

Are You Looking For Your True Purpose? Start Here!

Why does my to-do list always try to steal my joy? I was feeling rushed and discouraged as I walked up to the school to purchase a large number of Bell Game (big football rivalry game) tickets. A bus load of special needs kids were being helped out. "Okay, perfect," I thought..."I'll pray for all these kids whose life struggles are no where near anything I *ever* have to deal with." I silently said a quick prayer as I heard one of teachers struggling to get a girl off the bus. I didn't think much of it and hurried to the ticket window. 

The grocery store was next, when I realized I needed one more ticket. I quickly shopped (about 20 min) and headed back to the school. I ran up to get the additional ticket. On the way back a beautiful young down syndrome girl was getting off the bus, head down, wiping tears as her caregiver reprimanded her. It had taken 30 minutes for her to find the courage to exit. She was having a difficult day. I slowed as she passed and prayed for her. 

Three more stops led me to three beautiful, warriors, women who'd lost their hair as they courageously charged the silent enemy inside...cancer. More opportunities to offer prayers for the very people The LORD had placed in front of me. 

I'm thankful for the reminder that people are truly going through incredible difficulties & I have the opportunity each and everyday to stand in the gap and pray for them. What a Blessing and wonderful responsibility/honor The LORD gives us. There's always someone struggling who needs to be lifted up to our HEALER. Pay attention friends...you may be the only person praying for them. 
Who is in front of you today? 
It's time to pray!!!

*Pray for All Men*~"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men"~1 Timothy 2:1

Jump on the "Thankful Train"...keep your eyes up and look for opportunities. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment