Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Meet Mo...A Man Searching For Inspiration

I captured the above shot after "Mo" (in the turquoise shirt) had walked away & met up w/his friends.
I hope he's sharing JESUS w/them now!
Yesterday I met a man named "Mo" on the pier. He approached me and asked what I was writing? I told him, "An inspirational Christian story for my blog." He said he was a writer, (historical history) and it peaked his interest to know what I was writing about. Then he said, "Inspire me!"

Woah, that caught me off guard...spur of the moment inspiration?

The first thing that came to mind is how JESUS changed, softened, guided and directed our hearts to bring lil' Josh (our foster son/soon to be adopted son) into our family. So I shared our story...which all started with a simple decision to spend time with THE LORD *daily* in prayer and scripture study. It changed everything about our old selfish lives...replacing it with HIS Heart, Love, and Will. A transformation that only happened as we *chose* to seek JESUS daily. 

He listened intently. And at the end said, "Thank you for inspiring me today! What parting words would you leave me with? 

I said, "SEEK JESUS."

He smiled, leaned in to give me a hug and said, "Thank you!"

Today I'm thankful for *appointments* GOD has for us. Each day is a new adventure. We need to make sure we're always available and ready to make time for HIS plans in our day!

Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared."~Exodus 23:20

"Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near."~Isaiah 55:6

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."~John 15:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment