Monday, June 22, 2015

Help...I'm Stuck!

I went outside to take my picture for my morning devotional post and thought the cactus shot was perfect. But truly, one small detail was even better...a single tree fruit had fallen from above. It landed directly onto a cactus prong poking right through while other fruit made it safely to the ground below.

Somedays I can feel like this...landing in the wrong place at the wrong time. But here's what I've learned. Every seemingly "wrong" place in my life has a purpose. Whether it's a lesson/learning experience/growth opportunity, a chance to ask/receive forgiveness, a detour because there's people I need to meet down this path, or just a difficult road teaching me perseverance, faith and trust...I'm never alone in the midst of it. The Lord is right there with me when I *choose* to stop feeling sorry for myself and say, "Okay, I don't understand what You're doing here right now Lord, but Thank You for what YOU ARE doing. Help me to seek You in the midst of this. 

That one small thankful prayer re-adjusts everything. I'm flooded with a feeling of love and peace...EVERY SINGLE TIME! Now the trick is to pray before I complain!
I'm a work in progress but I'm thankful the key word is *progress*! Today I'm thankful for difficulties that produce growth! Thank You JESUS!

"Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day."~Psalm 25:4-5

"Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate."~Hebrews 13:12

"Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name."~Hebrews 13:15

No comments:

Post a Comment