Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sitting at the Waters Edge of Life...



The wind whipped the sand. I turned my back to keep it from my eyes. I could scoot back, away from the oceans edge, but getting closer to God’s amazing beauty is why I came to the beach. The same can often be true in life, it may not always be easy or the ideal conditions to seek God. Some day’s you’re weary; soul parched. The last thing on your mind is getting closer to God; the day’s drag on, one blurring into another. But the Lord patiently calls out…"Draw near to Me. Let Me fill you up."
The sand continues to pelt my back. I sit. I write. I listen. The waves crash up to the edge of the shoreline, all power and strength, only to recede from whence it came. My leg dangling, the ledge recently created by the recent swell of hurricanes far off. I cannot see what’s happening underneath to raise the water up. But I know the water is hitting sand bars deep below, forming incredible, glorious, sometimes monstrous waves.
Most of us try to avoid life’s storms, crumbling as they relentlessly pound despite our best efforts…no visible end in sight. During these times it’s important to not lose sight of the ALWAYS PRESENT STRENGTH OF THE LORD.
“The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness; The Lord shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.” Psalm 29:8

He can raise up great and majestic beauty in your life if you will call on Him. Cling to Him as a lifeline. Learn to trust fully in Him. As each wave hits the sandbar of your heart, call on Jesus. Ask for wisdom and guidance. He will not let you drowned. Don’t turn your back on Him any longer. It’s time to go deeper. Let Him bring beauty out of the storm, carrying you safely into the light…a rainbow shining brightly where once there was only darkness.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10

I turn, I face the wind. The sand no longer hits my face. Nothing has changed other than I chose to face it head on.  The water closes in, spraying my face, and glasses. Refreshing salt mist has replaced hard sand pelts.

Things do not always stay the same. You may be in a difficult season right now. Don’t lose hope. Don’t give up. Don’t lose faith.
“The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17


Turn your face to Jesus. He is waiting for you; interceding for you. He loves you. You are never alone. Look to Him!
“And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.  But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail;” Luke 22:31-32


Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.” John 10:7-9

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Matthew 6:26

No comments:

Post a Comment