Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Do You Feel Trapped?


I walked up to get a closer look and see if I could save it. The brilliant colors drew me in. A half circle around it was all I needed to know it couldn't be saved. I was too late. The allure of false light had trapped him. The candle was encased in a trap. This beauty who had known the crawl, endured the transformation, to finally soar, had been sucked in. Drawn to the light, it's warmth and comfort a facade. It's outward appearance still looked the same, however the life was gone. I sat back down as the music played, filling the air, my eyes drawn back to the encased, lifeless butterfly. Now a beautiful decoration.

I know in my own life, too often I've been drawn to the allure of false light. Chasing after things that I thought would bring me happiness, only to get trapped and encased in the lie.

The light of the candle was false...not the comforting warmth of the sun. The false allure of this world and the things in it are not the one true, life-giving, life-sustaining, and life-transforming light of Jesus Christ. Everything you're chasing after will never fill the one true void in your heart. You need Jesus. He fills up, transforms, renews and makes ALL things new.

Do not continue down the empty road you've been on for far too long. The true Light that has come into the world, Jesus Christ, is easy to find. Ask Jesus to come into your heart. Accept Him as your Lord and Savior over every area of your life, even those deep, hidden, dark places. He will bring life back in...no matter how far you've wandered or how deep you've fallen. He is the Life-Giver, Restorer, and Healer. The Savior of the world that makes all things new. Call out to Him today. His Light is life!

"Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12


"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10


"I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and indeed, all is vanity and grasping for the wind." Ecclesiastes 1:14

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." 1 John 1:7




No comments:

Post a Comment