Thursday, July 31, 2014

I'm Tired!

As the sleepless nights mount up, it takes a toll on me. I'm becoming overly sensitive, easily angered and frustrated. A constant sense of uneasiness floods my usually peaceful mind. Sleep deprivation is wearing me down. Three to four hours a night is not enough!

I have so many things to do, the list in my head seems to continually get longer, I never seem to get caught up.

This morning I had a yoga class (to help the herniated disc in my neck), weight training and a bike ride. As soon as the alarm went off I felt the pressure and stress to get there begin to overwhelm me. I chose to stay in bed. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. As soon as I make the decision, the guilt of skipping out floods my mind. I'm in training for a big memorial hike in honor of my dad. It was a goal he'd set and achieved before his passing from lung cancer. He climbed Mt. Timpanogos in Utah. It's a difficult hike that takes about 4 1/2 hours each way.

I want to be in shape to climb this mountain. However, at the moment, I can't even climb the mountain in front of me....getting to the gym. Sigh...

In the middle of all this mind spinning, I hear the Lord's prompting, "Rest in Me." Sigh. "Rest in ME." 

Can it be that simple?

Closing all the doors, silencing my phone, shutting out the world that never stops calling my name, I enter into the quiet place with the Lord, praying, soaking in His Holy Word. More of HIM, less of this world. Even in my tired state, I feel the restlessness begin to fade away. My breathing slows. My mind stops racing. Right here, right now, I'm choosing to seek the Lord's peace. I need to be filled...stilled....renewed. 

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

Thank you Jesus for reminding me that time spent with You always fills up my parched soul.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sis ! Ilove your posts. There can be delightful endings at time. Rest up and continue your preparation.

    ReplyDelete