Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Are You Prepared?

Our Hike Last Year "The Narrows" at Zion National Park
I'm preparing, training, working towards an upcoming goal. This is not going to be easy and I need to be ready for the big hike (Mt. Timpanogos.) The steep elevation and lack of oxygen is something that I worry about. I've had altitude sickness before which put me in bed for a week with severe flu-like symptoms. Now that  I'm aware of it, I know what I need to do to prepare. I'm not only training my muscles and doing cardio, (lifting weights, riding my bike, stair stepper and yoga), I'm also hydrating. I'm ready to counteract the lack of oxygen this, sea-level living girl, normally receives. I'm also allowing several days of acclimation adjustment before embarking on this memorial hike to honor my dad.

The key to any journey in life is preparation. Being ready for the expected as well as the unexpected (as much as possible) that which "may" or "could" happen. If my body is in tip top shape when the unexpected arises, I will be strong enough to endure it.

Your daily life requires preparation for the trials and tragedies that may come upon you. This however requires a different type of training. You will need to train your mind and spirit. It requires seeking your Creator. The One who knows the obstacles on your road, "before" they come upon you. Building your faith and trust in The Lord through prayer, daily scripture study and quiet time. Spending time with Jesus allows you to grow stronger inside, as He reveals truth and hope right there in the middle of the storm. A peace found in nothing else. Daily spiritual training sets captives free. The Lord renews strength when you feel unable to go on. He lifts you up. He puts your feet back on solid ground. A beacon of light shining brightly in the darkness.

Don't go through this life unprepared; hopeless, lost or alone. Seek a "relationship" with Jesus Christ and allow Him to be your life guide. Your trainer. Your hope. Your Savior.

"To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27

"For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come." 1 Timothy 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment