Monday, June 6, 2016

What Do I Do When I Mess Up?

My hubby was recently released from a two and a half week emergency hospital stay for diverticulitis, perforated colon, a blockage and C Diff infection. I'm now being trained in his home care.
I've got most of it down. I changed the hubby, Anthony's IV/drainage tubes without a nurse yesterday and it went pretty smooth. Well, that was until I got to the machine settings. I jumped the gun, hitting yes, as it cycled through an area I should've hit no. The hubby said, "You need to slow down!" He wasn't too happy with my exuberance and "I've got this" attitude/actions. 
I told him, "No big deal, everything is fixable." 
You see, I'm not the nervous type and generally plunge into things thinking, "If I mess up...it can always be fixed". 

It got me thinking....what about when I sin, mess up, fall short of all I want to be? Do I have the same attitude or do I choose to sit in the mess feeling hopeless, lost, alone and unforgivable? 
So I ask myself...I ask you friends, what areas of guilt and shame am I/are you still holding onto?
I want to remind you today that it's *fixable*...in and through JESUS CHRIST. Ask HIM into your heart and life this very moment. Ask for HIS Forgiveness. Lay it down and let HIM wash you clean...the very reason HE came. 
Sin, shame, guilt and regret will keep you locked in the bondage of hopelessness; hindering all that The LORD is calling you for.
JESUS came so all our sins and *less than moments* are fixable!  Redeemable. Forgivable. HE died specifically for your *not enough*. 

I'm thankful for the reminders that every area I fall short in, The LORD is waiting to Pick me up, Dust me off, Hold me close, Redeem my hurt, Forgiving and Loving me beyond my shortcomings.

"He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my step"~Psalm 40:2

JESUS said...
"I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."~John 10:10

Jump on the "Thankful Train" friends, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment