Thursday, May 26, 2016

Help Me Do This Right!

Today I prayed, "LORD, help me do this right. What do YOU want me to do today?" Then a short time later, my prayer was answered. My sister Stacy came to mind. I knew I needed to head out to Glendora to see her. I picked her up for a late lunch. While sitting on the patio talking, she shared a couple of stories with me. 

She had to get an MRI yesterday. While nervously waiting, she noticed an older lady on a gurney waiting to be wheeled in. My sister walked up to her to see if she was okay. Then she said, "You don't know me, but can I pray for you?" The lady looked at her and shook her head yes. They held hands & prayed together in the waiting room. The lady's eyes teared up as she graciously thanked her.
My sis told me she was really nervous to do it but couldn't shake the feeling that she needed to. 

After she left, she was starving and called in an order to a fast food restaurant. When she arrived there was an extra long line of people and her order wasn't ready. She started to get irritated. Then the employee, in his haste and stress, accidentally placed her food in the couple's bag in front of her. The couple left. He quickly realized what he did, frazzled and nervous he said, "I messed up!" He ran outside to chase after them. He hurried in and gave her the food. She mumbled a few words, irritated, but trying to hold back her frustration.

Once she got to her car, she had a strong feeling she should go back in & apologize for being so short with him. So she did! She said, "I'm sorry I wasn't very nice. You have a lot going on right now. I want you to know you're doing a great job." He got tears in his eyes and shook her hand thanking her. 

I'm sure it not only made a difference to him but also everyone else in line who witnessed her apology and may have been getting angry also. What a difference listening to The LORD'S promptings made!

I'm thankful for my sis and her wonderful reminders to be a Blessing wherever you are. 

"Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord"~Rom12:10-11

Jump on the "Thankful Train" what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment