Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I Got Into A Confrontation

Just keeping it real...I got into a confrontation.😳
Now here's the deal, most of you locals know it's a struggle in the summer to find parking downtown as people flock to the beach. My little sis and I lucked out as we turned down a street just as someone was getting into their car. I stopped, put my blinker on and was waiting, when all of a sudden, a car halfway down the street started backing up. He pulled up next to the car leaving and sat there. I was not happy and rattled off a few, "Is he a moron or something?" comments to my little sis.😬 
I knew I had the angle on him so when the guy pulled out I pulled right in. The kid in the car stayed next to my car and flipped me off. So I rolled down my window, with arms raised, I sarcastically said, "Are you kidding me? You were halfway down the street and saw me waiting." 
He yelled back, "I've been circling the block for 30 minutes and I was barely past him. I live right there!"

Here's where it gets good friends....as my old prideful nature began to rise up, the Holy Spirit convicted me, "Give him the spot." 
I tried to resist the thought because I don't want someone ever getting the best of me and I especially don't like someone flipping me off and then getting the best of me! 
So the difficult words came out of my mouth, (the battle of my will vs. GOD'S. Pride vs Humility.), I told the kid, "You know what, I'm a Christian and I'm going to bless you today and give you this spot." 
A bit shocked, he said, "No, you keep it." 
My tone softened as I started my car, "No, you're being blessed today," and I pulled out.

I'm thankful for the very obvious work The LORD is continually doing in me right smack in the middle of life. I'm thankful that as my old nature pops up unexpectedly, JESUS meets me there, helping, guiding, teaching me to be kinder, more loving, less prideful, more giving...even when it's hard. I'm obviously still a work in progress, but I'm thankful for the *progress*.

Friends, never forget, when you say, "Yes JESUS, come into my life and have YOUR Way in me"...you will see progress. HE will continually direct and redirect you throughout the day. 

"He must increase, but I must decrease."~John 3:30

Jump on the "Thankful Train"...what are you thankful for?

*side note: I turned the corner and got another spot right away! How awesome is GOD?!!! 
#DailyBlessingsAndReminders #UnconditionalLove

1 comment:

  1. Lisa: Thank you for sharing that! I know how hard it is to do something like that and yet what a blessing you were and a witness to him and to me as I read this! Thank you for being obedient to God in this matter!

    ReplyDelete