Monday, September 14, 2015

Is It Time For A TRANSFORMATION?


Transformation. Yes, that is what I'm thankful for today. 
I look back on so many years of trying to be "good enough" for myself/my husband/my kids. I continually tried to keep up the "appearances" of having it all together, when deep inside, I felt like a failure at so many things. 

I was relying on *me* and always falling short; a perpetual cycle. I became good at masking my hurt, pain, failures, and shortcomings behind a mask of aggressive words/actions that kept people at a safe distance (no one's going to get close enough to hurt me ever again). But what I didn't realize at the time was my wall of protection was keeping me locked in a prison of my own making. I was hardening my heart. 

Then one day when everything was crumbling around me and my family, I said "JESUS, please help me. Please fix this mess. Fix me." I began to allow HIM to work on the things deep inside my scarred, broken heart. I laid it all at HIS Feet every day. And to my surprise, HE did the work that I never could. I felt HIS Peace, Joy, Happiness, Comfort and most importantly Loved and Forgiven. Transformed. 

Friends, if you too are in that place of feeling "not good enough"..."wandering", call out to JESUS, ask HIM into your heart and life today. Let HIM take over.

"Therefore HE is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to GOD through HIM, since HE always lives to make Intercession for them."~Hebrews 7:25

No comments:

Post a Comment