Friday, September 11, 2015

In The Waiting...

I

I sat waiting for just the right shot. I knew exactly what I wanted to capture. The mounting waves crashed one by one on the shore, but it wasn't until a powerful surge forced its way through the cave opening that I knew it was the *one* I'd been hoping for. 

How many times do we sit waiting for something to happen, anticipating, unsure but hopeful? 

Life often has us in a state of limbo. We hope and pray for certain outcomes, as tides of emotions; hopes, dreams, fears, tears, flood in. 

Today I'm thankful that right in the middle of these crashing waves of emotions which often seem to surge right to the very core, JESUS meets us. HE is the  Calm in our storm. HE is the Safety in ever changing tides. HE is the Hope in times of struggle. HE is the Love that floods through. 

"Peace I leave with you, MY Peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."~John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment