Tuesday, March 17, 2015

UNDESERVED

I sat in the waiting room trying to stay busy and pray for my son, Josh who was in surgery for an extensive ankle break from a recent motorcycle accident.

There were two girls sitting to my left, also waiting for a loved one. A doctor, still in his operating scrubs came directly up to the two women. He began to talk to them about the surgery, his voice lowering to a whisper in the crowded waiting room. He stayed and talked to them for quite a while. Once he left, the younger girl leaned into the older one's arms and began to cry. I started praying for them, assuming they'd received bad news. 

After a few minutes she lifted her head and said very loudly, "Thank You Jesus, Thank You Jesus, Thank You Jesus!" Her tears had been tears of joy. The surgery was a success and she knew exactly WHO to thank. 

How many prayers has the Lord answered for you? How many times have you been blessed throughout your life? Are there too many to count...too many to recall? Do you remember to cry out and thank Jesus each and every time? Does your everyday life reflect your gratitude?

These are all questions I need to ask myself. I don't ever want to get into a place of complacency; a place where I don't thank my Lord for His many blessings. But if I'm honest, sometimes I do. I expect and receive. In my haste and rush I may forget to say, "Thank you Lord." I mean really..how many times throughout the day do I feel His love, His comfort, His peace and His guidance? They are all blessings...not to mention the specific requests answered.

I need to remember to always stay in a constant state of gratitude. The Lord has been good to me. Undeserved Blessings. Undeserved Love. Undeserved Forgiveness. Thank you Jesus for Your unending, over-flowing showers of grace and mercy. May I take my thankful heart and point people to You. Offering them the same undeserved, forgiving, redeeming, restoring love of You, Jesus. May I daily cry out, "Thank You Jesus, Thank You Jesus, Thank You Jesus!"
But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”~Matthew 19:26

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.~2 Corinthians 12:9

Jesus said to him, It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”~Matthew 26:64

No comments:

Post a Comment