Sunday, March 8, 2015

ARE FOGGY DAYS SURROUNDING YOU?

The fog was thick. I walked farther hoping it would lift and provide the view I'd come for. Unfortunately, it grew thicker with each step. I stopped and decided to make the best of the moment. I knew that although the conditions weren't ideal, there was still beauty in it. I may have to look a little harder, focus on something other than easy, because simple was hidden.

I lifted my phone to  snap a picture of the fog bank over the ocean, when a seagull flew right towards me. Startled, I jumped back, regaining composure just in time to get the bird in flight, close enough not to be blurred by the fog.
I scanned the pier. A lone boy fishing, skateboard laid aside. A row of fishing poles perfectly lied up. Telescopes empty...unusable in the present conditions. 

Click. Click. Click.  

All beautiful. All right in front of me...close enough to see when I actually decided to focus on it; when I no longer tried to scan the distant blurred ocean landscape.

Life can often be like this foggy day. You may always be focusing too intently on the blurred future, missing the very things Jesus is placing right in front of you at the moment.

Are you forgetting to slow down, to stop, to look around? Where you're at right now may not be easy. What you're going through can seem dreary and dim. But it's right where the Lord has you. This very second you can ask Him to show you what He wants you to see. 

Things may not be ideal, but the Lord's beauty can still be found in the foggy days of life. Ask Him to reveal truth to you. Ask for His joy, peace, comfort and direction. He will show you the way. The beautiful things right here...right now...slow down. Focus on the Lord for a minute. He's close enough not to be blurred by life's fog. Stay in the moment as He gently reminds you...

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."~Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment