Thursday, October 23, 2014

IN THE WAITING...


It only takes "Faith the Size of a Mustard Seed"
I can't see it. I continue to hope. It doesn't look hopeful. I stand on promises. In the waiting I'm required to have faith. This faith doesn’t feel like much some days. I grip, grasp, cling…the small window appears as I press my face tightly against it. I try to see in, looking for that glimmer of change…a different view than the present. The curtain closes and I'm back in the waiting. Doubt threatens to steal. I'm sinking. What can I do?

It's in that moment of darkness; when I'm ready to give up, in the waiting, that I'm reminded of the Lord’s unending promises. "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!” Psalms 27:14.

His timing is always perfect, maybe not perfect by my standards or limited view, but He knows exactly what I need in this situation, at this time. When the Lord moves, no one can stop Him. The doors fling open at the sound of His Voice. The way of impossible becomes possible. The path is cleared…the miracles abound. The prayer once a whisper, a cry, a plea, it’s answered…His answers.

In the waiting you are taught to persevere, never lose sight of Jesus, pray even if you only have faith the size of a mustard seed. So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

Don't shrink back in the dry seasons. Don't give up before the miracle. Wait on the Lord. But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

In the waiting know that Jesus is holding you, teaching you to lean on Him in all things. Grab hold of his outstretched hand…in the waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment