Monday, March 17, 2014

BROKENNESS

Three men...two self inflicted with the pain of addiction. The third, a small, handicapped man...warmly greeting me.

Encounters everyday. What am I doing with these encounters? Pray. Always pray. There is not one single person on this earth who does not need prayer; powerful, heart felt prayers, not quick mutterings, or empty promises of prayer. Brokenness all around us each day. Drowning people. Waves of life billowing up. Swallowing. Reject shallowness. Let go of appearances. Go deeper. Walk the walk of Christ. Steps that lead to Him. Always Him. Our Healer. Our Life-Guard.  Our Savior. There is power in the name of Jesus. The whole world stirs at the mention of His name. Let the Love of Jesus flood the brokenness. Pray.

"For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us," 2 Corinthians 1:8-10 

"Pray without ceasing," 1 Thessalonians 5:17

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

 "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phillipians 4:13

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;" Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment