Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Power of Your Words



Let the Lord be the wind in your Sails

Do you know there is power in your words? Your words can build up or tear down. I had the incredible opportunity to use words to help someone. This was a young girl on the other side of the world. A girl I’d never met personally, but through my blog, I “stumbled” across her blog. I will use the word “stumble” very lightly because I know that God was answering my prayers. I asked to be used. I asked to help someone who was hurting, just as Jesus Christ helped me and put people in my life to encourage me to keep pushing ahead when I wanted to give up; pointing me to the Lord and His ability to make all things new.

When I “met” this sweet, broken, lost girl, she was suicidal (which unfortunately is very common in the Asian culture due to the high pressure to succeed.) With each of her posts I found myself without words, unable to “talk” her out of the thoughts she was having. But the one thing I did know; God was highlighting this young, beautiful girl and HE knew the words that she needed to hear. I spent time praying, reading the scriptures and asking for HIS WORDS to fill me up as I typed my responses to her. I knew that God had a plan and I was finally open to be an instrument in His hand.

I know that I am no one particularly great or special, just a once broken...now healed woman through Jesus Christ's forgiving love. I have been given the ability to write, a gift from God and I want to use it FOR HIM and HIS PURPOSE. My hands floated effortlessly over the keyboards, thoughts spilling out, pouring God’s life affirming words of love, forgiveness, kindness, grace, hope, promise, truth and the perfect and wonderful plan He has for her life. I watched the words spring to life; a new encouragement in response to her heart ache each and every week. I consistently prayed and relied on the Lord for help to reach this lost, hurting girl.  Slowly, as the months passed, she began to change. Her posts were no longer of suicide, but of hope. She was beginning to see herself through God’s eyes. The lies of the enemy, washed away through the Lords truth and love.

It’s been several years since our first meeting. She now affectionately refers to me as her “American Mama.” I recently posted a story about my dad on my blog on the one year anniversary of his passing, “CLIMB YOUR MOUNTAIN-A TRUE STORY OF DAVID BOLDA,” and I wanted to share a portion of a comment she left after reading my post: “I would not have survived my struggle with suicide and the depression I had back then if it wasn't because of your constant caring, uplifting and understanding comments. I am living a good life now, and I too will take on his example. I will fight everything that comes my way, I will look at the world positively and I will be grateful and happy.” God had worked a miracle! He had reached this young girl all the way across the world!

Your words have life giving power. Allow the Lord into your day. Ask for His Words to fill you up and help you be a blessing to others. In my own ability, I would never have been able to reach into that young girl’s life, but the Lord knew exactly what she needed to hear. Are you willing to step outside of your comfort zone and ask the Lord to use you? It may be difficult, but never underestimate what the Lord has in store for your life. Are you willing to allow Him to use your words and life for HIS GOOD AND PERFECT PLAN? Pray today and ask for His will in your life…there is someone who needs you. God is waiting for you to say, “Send me Lord!”

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:8

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galations 6:9


“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.” Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment