Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WHAT'S MY LIFE CALLING?

Do you have areas in your life the Lord has shown you that you're gifted in, yet you continue to doubt it? I have struggled with this for years. Yes, I know God can do amazing things. Yes, I know that God has given me talents and abilities. Yes, I know that I'm supposed to move forward in the areas God is asking me to...but, yes, there it is, "I don't know if I can do it? What if I fail? What if I make the wrong decision and it blows up in my face?" The key words that play in my mind over and over again (I don't know, fail, wrong decision, you can't, you're not good enough.) These words are powerful and every time I allow thoughts like this to linger, I quickly find myself sinking into despair.

These negative thoughts and words are not truth. These are tools of the enemy to keep you firmly planted right where you are; locked up, a prisoner...no growth, no movement, no truth, no change...something I like to call ineffective living. Fear is a large prison cell. Fear is exactly what the enemy counts on. When we allow fear and lies to control us, we are left powerless; ineffective for Jesus Christ. But there is something you can do. There is something that you can change each day. You can start removing the lies by replacing them with truth (I am a new creation in Christ~2 Corinthians 5:17, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me~Philippians 4:13, My strength is in the Lord, whom shall I fear~Psalm 27:1, I am more than a conqueror~Romans 8:37, I am the head and not the tail, above and not beneath~Deuteronomy 28:13. The enemy has already been defeated at the cross of Jesus~Colossians 2:15 & Philippians 2:9-10, the Lord has great plans for me~Jeremiah 29:11, I will rejoice in the Lord, again I say rejoice~Philippians 4:4,7,8. My God goes before me to prepare a way~Philippians 1:6.) The key is to replace the lies with GOD'S TRUTH.

I would like to challenge each one of you to replace each negative thoughts with truth about how the Lord feels about you. Open your Bible and let Him breath life giving, life changing, life restoring~forgiveness, truth and love into you. Allow Him to show you who you truly are in His eyes. Soak in that truth and begin to move forward into the things He is calling you to do. Today make a decision to stop the enemy in his tracks. Speak God's truth to yourself and go out and be EFFECTIVE for JESUS CHRIST. You were made for more! 

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:" Deuteronomy 28:13

"And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." Colossians 2:15
  
"Therefore God has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth.”  Philippians 2:9-10

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:7-8

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment