Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A DEVASTATING LESSON

 Daul Kim-Swarovski Campaign by Sofia and Mauro
On November 19th, 2009 I awoke to something devastating. It began a year prior, when I started following Daul, a famous Korean Fashion Model's Blog. She was not only beautiful, but very intelligent, honest, witty, sarcastic & artistic. All the qualities that make for an interesting read, not to mention, I loved her catch phrase, "Say hi to..." As time went by, her posts took a darker turn. She talked about depression and insomnia. I often left upbeat comments and felt a "tug at my heart" to 'talk' to her about the Lord, but I didn't want to seem too "preachy."

On November 18, 2009, I clicked on her post, "Say hi to...Forever." It was a You Tube techno video of her favorite band. I started to leave a comment, but then erased it...I wasn't sure what to say. The next day I saw a news post, she was found dead in her Paris apartment. I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. I cried. In her anguish & despair she'd taken her life at only 20 years old.

I vowed never again to waste an opportunity to share the healing power of my Savior's love with someone. To never let the fear of rejection or the opinion of others stand in the way of sharing Christ's life saving, life changing, gift. The Lord put it on my heart & I'd ignored the prompting. It was a heart wrenching lesson for me.

Several months later, a young girl from Malaysia began following my Blog via...Daul's Blog. When I clicked on her site, the title read, "I often think of suicide." I couldn't believe I was getting another chance to share! Her posts talked of her deep depression. I began to pray for the Lord's words and not mine before responding to her. I added her to our church prayer list. Over the past year we have become very close & she calls me her, "American Mama." Through Heavenly Father's Restorative Love, she no longer talks about suicide, and is able to see purpose in her life. Her Blog title now reads, "A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose, a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve." 

Don't waste an opportunity that Heavenly Father puts before you due to fear or rejection. Trust in the Lord. Ask for His words & guidance in the situation. Be willing to allow Him to use you!

"And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though the briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house. You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious. But you son of man, listen to what I say to you. do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you."
Ezekiel 2:6-8

And it will be said: "Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people." For this is what the high and lofty One says-he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite."
Isaiah 57:14-15

But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, 
"Now, I have put my words in your mouth." 
Jeremiah 1:7-9


"Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them."
Jeremiah 1:17

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, My American Mama, thanks for this post. I am so humble to have myself written in somebody's post. And more humble and touched to have you doing that. =) Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement for they have brought me up to this day. I may not be around if I never speak out about my problem and I may not be around this time if you had not care at the first place. Someday, I will repay your deed by helping others in their efforts to survive their world of many colors, just how your support and words have helped me up. Thank you again for your kindness, my American Mama!! Love from me. =) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so sad - I didn't hear about this and I live in paris.

    Thanks for sharing! Always important to help in any way possible...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,


    Yes, we should never hesistate to share the love of Christ with people because you just don't know what they might be going thru. I will keep praying for Ariella:) Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. God help that poor woman's soul. Still, glory be to God for the many he calls and saves. Let those who fall away be found and let those who die live again through him.

    Glory be to God the Creator of all things and to his Son who is, was, and will be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Increase all of the gifts that God gives you in love Sayrah.

    ReplyDelete