Tuesday, July 26, 2011

STOP LIMITING GOD!

 A widow was approached by a stranger during a severe drought. He asked her to bring him water, which she did. He then asked her to bring him some bread. She told him she only had a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil left to make one more meal for her and her son and then they
would die, they'd have nothing left.

He told her not to be afraid, but to go home and make a small cake of bread for him and use the rest for herself and her son. If she will do this, God will not allow the flour to run dry or the jar of oil to become empty until the Lord gives rain on the land. She believed and did as she was asked. There was food everyday for the Prophet Elijah (the stranger) and Zarephath (the widow) and her son. 
The flour did not run empty and the oil remained full. (1 Kings 17:7-16)

This woman listened to the promptings of the Lord and was blessed because of it. When you feel the Lord directing you, putting certain people or situations in front of you, are you stepping out in Faith? Are you allowing God to bless your life by trusting Him to move in a situation, 
even if you don't know why or completely understand?

STOP LIMITING GOD.

He wants to do a good work in you and through you. More than you can begin to comprehend. Allow Him to move in your life...PRAY, LISTEN & MOVE!

Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." 
(John 13:7)

"God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful." 
(1 Corinthians 1:9)

"I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Let the morning bring me word of you unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; 
may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." 
(Psalm 143:6, 8, 10)

"I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place and new things I declare; 
before they spring into being I announce them to you.
(Isaiah 42:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment