Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Crow


story by Lisa Petrarca

While on our evening walk, we noticed a crow perched on the back of a chair, dangerously close to a mans face. We watched, worried that the man, who appeared to be enjoying the crow in such close proximity to him, might be hurt.

Our concern wasn't without merit. At our old house, there were several crows nests in the common area by the pool. These particular crows were very aggressive, actually dive bombing several people & children (including mine). This caused many people to be fearful as they headed to the pool. They frantically looked up, waiting for a re-enactment of the Alfred Hitchcock horror film, "The Birds."

Next, to our astonishment, the man leaned his face close to the black, pointy, razor sharp beak. The Crow leaned slowly toward him and............

gave him a kiss?

Then the bird happily jumped onto the mans shoulder & gave him another kiss. We were shocked!

A pet crow?

Who ever heard of such a thing?

We were on the opposite side of the street and asked some boys who were playing, "Is that his pet?" The boys joyfully replied, "Ya, and he has three more! He fixes their broken wings and stuff and they love him. They play with us sometimes too!"

We were completely amazed!

It appears that even a wild, aggressive, pesky crow, when shown a little love and kindness can in return become a grateful, loving friend and companion.

Is there someone in your life who is broken, difficult to deal with, mean, aggressive, angry and hurting? It may be time to show unconditional love. Pray for patience, understanding and wisdom from the Lord. Ask for His help to soften your heart as well as the difficult persons.

Remember, the enemy cannot battle love. Christ showed us by example how to love others unconditionally. Pray for the nature of Christ and watch Him work miracles in your life and relationships.


A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:34-35

Jesus cried out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
John 12:44-46

"Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
John 13:12-17.

3 comments:

  1. cute picture XD

    -fashion photographer Nam.
    http://streetfsn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, love your blog.
    Full of really good inspiration,
    have been reading back several posts :)
    Hope you can check out my blog sometime

    http://stoleninspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete