Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day Poem-I Am A Mother


Tomorrow is Mother's Day, be sure to make it extra special for your moms.

As children we don't realize all the sacrifices she makes for us. During this time, she also worries about doing a good job and making all the right decisions..she hopes to be the best mom she can be.

Somewhere along the way, we find things that she did wrong or should have done better, but then we grow up and realize...she wasn't given a rule book, she did the best she could, just as we now try to be the best that we can.

Be sure to make this day one of gratitude & thanks for all that she has done for you over the years.

I AM A MOTHER
Poem by Lisa Petrarca

We often ask, why me dear Lord?

Who am I to receive such a reward?

The child you've given is a blessing from above

Sent down from heaven to be showered with love

I am weak, sometimes scared, to make a mistake

I press on with the task...you chose for me to partake

Who am I to receive such a reward?

To raise a child of my own accord

Each step I take I hope is the right direction

As my child follows behind with pure innocent affection

I am a mother, who will offer her lifelong love and protection

Who am I to receive such a reward?

I am a mother...trusted with a life to mold

Until their gifts begin to unfold

Then I will take a step back and behold

My child has become the person I helped to shape

Who am I to receive such a reward?

I am a mother who was given a gift so rare...a life to raise, guide and share

I am a mother......

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL OF YOU MOMS!

James 1:5-6
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, sweet words and gorgeous picture. All the very best to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your faith and gratitude to the dear God. Our religions are not the same but we feel and think the same because in God we trust.
    I like the photo you posted and I noticed how beautiful woman you are. God really rewarded you. Don’t tell me that all those youth on the photo are yours own children. That would be too much for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete