Saturday, May 29, 2010

NEED A CHANGE?


Story By: Lisa Petrarca

I think most people feel that they know how to pray, I know I did. But lately I've learned that prayer needs to be accompanied by faith. The two together enable the Lord to answer & bless your life.


I often refer back to Peter, recklessly stepping out of the boat. Focusing solely on Jesus Christ. He took the steps of faith. Not fearing, thinking, worrying or doubting...he went for it! He trusted as an innocent child and walked on water. But we all know what happened, He took his eyes off of Jesus & started focusing on his surroundings. First his eyes wandered, then quickly his mind followed...he rapidly began to sink.

Now if we relate this example to our prayer life, we see how quickly we also let go of faith. We pray & in the moment think, "This is actually possible, the Lord can heal, repair, fix and accomplish all things, (our eyes are on him), all things are possible."

We finish praying, so full of hope, slowly we open our eyes, and start to look around, our mind follows; "How is He going to fix this mess? I'm sure He could but nothings changed in the past. I'm too old to change my ways. That person will never change. My financial problems are so bad that nothing can help me. My illness is too bad, it's just too late for me.

I think you get the picture, just fill in your lines. We all have them, they may as well be on a never ending recorder that plays over & over again in our minds. This is exactly what needs to change. If you want to have a real break through, you need to re-train your mind. Replace those old "recordings."

I Can't = HE CAN
It Never = HE WILL
There's No Hope = THERE'S HOPE IN THE LORD
I Give Up = HE WONT GIVE UP ON ME
Why Me = HE HAS A PURPOSE FOR ME
My Problems Too Big = NOTHING'S TO BIG FOR GOD
Why Would He Help Me = WHY WOULDN'T HE HELP ME!

You know your phrases, fill in yours.

Be conscious of what your saying to yourself. Post the positive versions of your normal "recordings" on your mirrors, fridge, car, everywhere until you start to change your negative thoughts to FAITH THOUGHTS.

Prayer is Powerful
Faith is Life Changing

Put the two together and you have "A POWERFUL LIFE CHANGING GIFT FROM GOD!"

"For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help."
Psalm 22:24

"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes."
Psalm 17:6-7

2 comments:

  1. This was totally encouraging. I'm going through some really rough changes in life and this really encouraged me. I know that God is adequate where I am not.

    ReplyDelete