Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I've Fallen & I Can't Get Up

By: Lisa Petrarca

Do you remember that old commercial in the 80's & 90's, in which an elderly lady fell down and used her "LifeCall" pendant to shout, "Help...I've fallen and I can't get up"?

As kids we often mimicked this commercial when one of us would trip and fall.
It was also a constant punch line for comedy skits on television shows like
Saturday Night Live.

I often wish during the difficult times in my life, when things seem to be falling apart around me, that I could push my pendant and shout, "HELP...I've fallen again and I can't get up!" LifeCall would respond immediately, sending someone over to help me get my life back in order.

Once I began to build a closer relationship with the Lord, praying each morning, reading the Bible and asking for His help throughout my day, in every situation, I realized that He is my LifeCall. He helps me when I fall down, He comes to my rescue when everyone around me has let me down. He picks me up and tells me, "I'm here, I will help you, let go and trust in me. Do not depend on your own weakening strength, lean on me and I will carry you to safety."

If you are feeling like you can no longer go on without help...make a LifeCall to God, He will ALWAYS answer!

Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness.
Isaiah 43:18-19

And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

Matthew 21:22

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

  1. Joushua 1:9 is one of my favorites thanks for sharing it again in a new context... I do remember the commercial and it still makes me laugh to think about it.

    Very creative way you tied them together.

    I was thinking more along the lines of Job at first.

    Kindest regards,
    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete