Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Is That You?

By: Lisa Petrarca

I spotted him the minute he entered the stadium. He made his way to the bleachers directly below me. I chuckled to myself...the resemblance was uncanny. I looked around to see if anyone else had noticed.

A small boy sitting next to me had covered his mouth, eyes the size of saucers, turned to look at me with complete amazement and shock. He pointed and said, “It’s Santa Clause! He’s here watching the football game too.”

I couldn’t resist, “Yes, I saw him too.” I smiled, “Did you tell him what you want for Christmas yet?”

He shook his head rapidly back and forth, “Nope.”

Feeling the child inside of me rising to the surface, I watched his face light up, then whispered, “Maybe you should go tell him what you want.”

He raised his eyebrows, large blue eyes sparkled, “I’m going to go tell him!” He popped up and looked around to find his friend, “There’s Santa, let’s go tell him what we want for Christmas,” he giggled. They both hopped like rabbits, two feet together, jumping onto each wobbly bleacher, inching closer to Santa. Stopping three bleachers above him they shouted, “Santa, Santa, is that you?” The deafening noise of the crowd cheering on our local high school football team drowned out their shouts.

With nervous anticipation they hopped down two more levels, and yelled again, “Santa, Santa is that you?” A moment later the two boys, sprinted up the bleachers in my direction. With flushed cheeks they breathlessly said “It’s him and Mrs. Clause too!”

I grinned, “What did he say?”

Unable to sit still, he wiggled, twisted and danced around, still out of breath, “It’s...really (deep sigh) really him and he...he winked at me. I knew it was him!” His friend stood beside him unable to speak, just nodding his head in agreement.

“You didn’t tell him what you wanted?” I asked.

Shaking his head again, “No but we’re going back down to tell him.” This time they didn’t hop, they ran down the bleachers...excited to have discovered Santa and Mrs. Clause. They wanted to be the first to tell him about all of the presents that they wanted him to bring them.

Why don’t we find the same excitement in running to the Lord? Imagine if our faces lit up with excitement and anticipation, as we awoke each morning knowing that God has a gift for us today. Anxiously running downstairs everyday to sit in a quiet place to read the Bible and see what He has for your day, praying and talking to Him.

His present to each of us is life changing. It’s worth more than gold, silver, diamonds and rubies or anything of this world. He has given us the most incredible and amazing gift...His son and our Savior Jesus Christ. Run to Him like a child ready to receive the presents he has to offer you. He will give you forgiveness, peace, joy, love, happiness and salvation. Don’t leave your presents sitting on the table unwrapped! Call out to God…he will hear you through the deafening noise of your life and troubles.

Build on the Rock
"But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say? Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: "He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock. "But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great."
Luke 6:46-49

Build your foundation on the rock that God has given you and you will withstand all of the troubles of this life. UNWRAP YOUR GIFT!

No comments:

Post a Comment