Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Are You Wandering?

While sitting on the beach a group of monks walked past me. It reminded me of life's wandering and searching. The quest to quench a deep seeded thirst for truth. A life journey to fill an empty space. I remember all the things I'd try to fill my emptiness with before I truly accepted JESUS into my heart and life. Some things would temporarily cover the hole for a short time, but slowly, I knew deep within, I was missing something truly important in my life. Eventually, sadness and longing for more crept into my every day routine; something meaningful, healing, restoring. I wandered in search of the next thing to plug the hole, only to find the same end result. 

One day, after a dark, despair filled night, I decided to go back to church and take my whole family with me. I'd tried everything else and realized that it was time to give JESUS a try. My approach was different in that I chose to make it more than a Sunday sermon affair. I decided if I was really going to seek HIM, I needed to get into GOD'S Word and read it for myself...daily. How can you get to know someone without doing your part to get closer?  As I made a commitment to read the Bible ten minutes a day every morning, something began to happen, the truth of GOD'S words began to heal the hole in my heart. It began to heal the hurt in my soul. It began to heal my thoughts, changing my attitude, reminding me that I was loved and made for a purpose. 

I'm thankful JESUS CHRIST found me in my wandering. I'm thankful HE pulled me close. 

Friends, if you're in the wandering stage of life and still feel emptiness at your very core, I want to challenge you to seek JESUS. Don't take my word for it or anyone else's, go straight to The LORD in prayer. Ask HIM to reveal HIMSELF to you. Open up the Holy Bible and read GOD'S Words, love letters written specifically for you and I. A guide to true healing in every single area. GOD created an open place in each of our hearts that only HE can fill. 
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."~John 14:6

Jump on the Thankful Train...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment