Thursday, June 9, 2016

When Things Don't Go As Planned

After my workout today, (I was able to leave the hubby for a little bit and go to the gym-first time since becoming his home care nurse😬) I pulled up in front of the beach for a little quiet Bible study time. As I sat in my car with the prime view, my peace was suddenly interrupted by people screaming and yelling. A family carrying a large cooler, canopy, umbrella and several supplies for their beach day, dropped the heavy cooler spilling its contents. The canopy then fell out of the bag as they scurried to pick up the items rolling down the stairs. After the initial anger, everyone started laughing. They put everything back in and headed on their way ready to enjoy the day. 

Later that evening the hubby and I took a walk (I'm trying to get his stamina up for the upcoming wedding weekend adventures I have planned-hikes, deserted mines and a ghost town😜.) 
We were having a great time until we passed a lady with her dog. She must've seen us/avoided us in the past with our Allie-girl over the years and said, "I'm glad there's no dog with you today for my dog to bark at."😩😢
I almost started crying right then and there. 
I sure do miss my Allie-girl and the reminder of her passing hit deep.

So here's the thing friends, it's rare that your day will be filled with all good stuff. They are often filled with waves of emotions...ups, downs, twist, turns and spills. Today I'm thankful that our happiness is not dependent upon ever changing emotions. I'm thankful that as we look to our Unchanging, Steadfast, Loving LORD...we're strengthened for life's journey. HE reminds our hearts/minds that this is only a moment. HIS Truth brings to light the many times HE'S put our feet back on solid ground. 
Our emotions are secured in CHRIST...the Anchor of your soul. 

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."~Hebrews 13:8

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”~Revelation 22:13

Jump on the "Thankful Train"...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment