Saturday, October 10, 2015

Would You Stand Up?

 
Today I'm going to tackle the emotions that have had me really thinking ever since the terrible tragedy in Oregon. 

Would you stand up? 

To think that after witnessing the first person being shot for their faith in CHRIST...the call from the gunman came for *all* CHRISTians to stand up. 

Would I stand up?

My immediate answer, sitting safely locked behind my door, tucked away in bed, with my family surrounding me and all the comforts that money can buy at my disposal, "Of course I would stand!" 

But then putting myself in that classroom, alone, fear flooding my senses, my family coming to mind, would I truly be ready to leave it all behind and stand? My answer becomes, "I would hope that my *faith* was strong enough to stand." 

I want to be unshakable, immovable, no matter what is thrown at me when my time to stand comes. I get glimpses of where my faith-walk is through every day trials and my on-going cancer scares. Some days are good and other days have me wavering in trusting. 

I want my Faith to be bold enough to *step out of the security of the boat and walk on water* keeping my eyes so securely fixed on JESUS that I go/do/say/follow/trust wherever HE leads. 

"And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”
So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus."~Matthew 14:28-29

So today I'm thankful for the reminders of the Faithful Servants of CHRIST who Boldly Stood Up proclaiming their Faith and Trust in JESUS, laying their lives down for HIM. 

I pray that this example touches each and every one of us, prompting us to truly look at where we are in our *Faith-walk* with JESUS. Let's go deeper friends. Seek HIM more. 
Let's pray for the families who've lost their loved ones. Let's walk out in Faith and Love, giving more and expecting less. Join me in praying for greater Faith.
#IAmAChristian 

No comments:

Post a Comment