Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pushing Past Fear!

Lil Josh just got home from a week long church camp at Hume Lake. Last year we'd discussed him going because some of our older kids had gone before and had an amazing time. We knew it'd be an awesome experience for him. But he wasn't emotionally ready. He still struggled with social situations and was very nervous about it. So we told him not to worry but next year (this year), we wanted him to really think about going, pushing himself outside comfort zones...into areas where growth can occur. 

So today, I'm thankful for the incredible work The LORD is doing in his life. He had a great time! He came home and shared all that he'd experienced. 
I asked him if it'd be okay if I shared this on my Thankful Train, explaining exactly what I'd write, because I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable with sharing personal struggles. 
He told me he was fine with it. 
I'm thankful for his openness in letting me share all that the The LORD is doing in his life...which in turn shows others the difference JESUS can make in their life too. 

Friends, never underestimate the things JESUS can do in *your* life. All the past pain, brokenness, fear, sorrow and uncertainty can be turned around. HE restores all that was once lost, making *all* things new. Join me in laying it all down each day. Allow JESUS to step right into the center of the storm. 

"The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit."~Psalm 34:18

Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful.”~Revelation 21:5

Jump on the #ThankfulTrain, what are you thankful for?
#ThankYouJESUS #AdoptionRocks

No comments:

Post a Comment