Thursday, July 30, 2015

I Called To Him...

I kneeled, softening my voice I coaxed him near to me. He responded. No hesitation. He sensed my hope. He stood right next to me, standing at attention...waiting. Suddenly fear took over. Unsure. Did I do the right thing calling him to me? Did I really think he would come? 
He just waited. Still. Motionless. 
I had his full attention, and yet *I* began to waiver. 

How similar this situation is to our walk with JESUS? We call HIM near to us in hopeful expectation and then we waiver. Doubt. Fear. Uncertainty. 
Is HE really going to answer?  
Is HE going to draw near to me in this moment? 

Often times we slowly back away, while HE waits attentively, patiently, lovingly, for the next moment you seek HIM hoping you'll *still* long enough, to allow HIM to fill you, guide you, give you peace, love, comfort and direction. 

Today, do not move away but call JESUS closer. Give HIM access to *every* area that "so easily entangles." For it is in the letting go, putting all faith and trust in The LORD that HE is able to move. 

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on JESUS, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment