Friday, January 23, 2015

PART II-BAD BEHAVIOR CONCLUSION



We entered in, moving quickly to arrive first. As we secured our spots...Mandy came in. I placed my mat farther back leaving room for her, but my son Elijah must not have remembered and put his mat down right where I'd promised Mandy (during my last week's "Bad Behavior-Part I Episode.") I asked him to move to the outside spot so I could keep my word. He gladly pulled his mat over. She was so happy to see that we were looking out for her. She joined in on our conversations and after class happily said, "See you all next week!"

We have a new friend!

It was a much different scenario than last week. I felt better. I kept my word and took the spot behind her. Less of me and more Christ-like love showing up in my everyday life.

I LOVE the best and I'm bold enough to push to the front to secure what "I want." But at what cost? I never used to ponder these things. How do my actions make others feel? When I decide to bulldoze into a position at any cost...it affects others. They see "me" in all my selfishness. If I'm truly letting the Lord change me, renew, restore and make "all" things new in my life, then my everyday actions should reflect this. When I feel that pang of guilt, the truth being revealed about my actions, am I willing to do something about it? Do I ask the Lord to help me make better choices...better decisions? I want more of Jesus in my life and less of myself. I've proven over and over again that I make poor choices when left to my own devices. I need my Savior to step into each and every area of my life. No holding back. No keeping certain areas for me to try to handle alone.

Being a Christian doesn't make me perfect. Being a Christian is my profession that I am broken and need a Savior, Jesus Christ, in my life. He is changing my heart and mind daily. He began with the big obvious areas and as He cleaned house, He moved toward the nooks and cranny's that aren't as obvious; always with love; always with gentleness. He wants more for me and my life...a true reflection of His heart in my everyday. 

Today if the Lord is revealing truth to areas of your life that need change...don't close the door. Fling it open. Say, "Here's my mess LORD, come inside and help me. I can't do it without YOU anymore." Let Jesus enter in and make ALL things new today. It's a simple prayer of letting go and asking your Savior Jesus Christ to enter in.

Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”~Revelations 21:5

"Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert."~Isaiah 43:19


"So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."~Matthew 21:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment