Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Is Life's Bokeh Stealing Your Attention?


Lord, open my eyes to see You more clearly. To see the blessings. To see the love. To see You in the midst of trials, weariness, worry, anxiety...always to see You first. Let all other things fade, become less clear, like the bokeh on my new camera lens. Bokeh: a word mentioned often in photography. Something to strive to achieve in pictures. Bokeh, "the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the image; the out of focus areas in an image around the subject."

When I look to You Lord, You are teaching me to achieve the aesthetic quality of life. To blur out all struggles and strife around me and focus on You. First. Always first. Then and only then can I see the truth of Your life giving, life guiding, life saving love. I can be sure that You are taking care of the blurry areas of my life by focusing on Your clear image of love for me. Thank You Lord, in Jesus' name, Amen.

"Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!" Psalm 105:4

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:25-26 & 33

No comments:

Post a Comment