Wednesday, May 1, 2013

That Annoying Person

While driving to work, I found myself stuck behind several cars. I was late as usual and in a hurry. I was finally able to get around an old, beat up, small, gray pickup truck. I reached the stop sign before him but to my surprise, he decided not to stop, he completely blew through it just to get in front of me again. "What the heck?" I thought and then said out loud, "WHAT A JERK!" I sped up trying and get around him, but he seemed determined for some unknown reason, to make sure I stayed behind him.

Now, I have to tell you before I go any further with my story, I'm truly so much better than I used to be with my road issues (I purposely left out rage, not wanting to expose to much of my previous short comings!) This guy however came out of nowhere and seemed to be doing everything he could to push me over the edge. But luckily for him and me, I had my Christian music playing. I was suddenly reminded to calm down and pray for the guy. I said a quick prayer, "Heavenly Father, I pray the blood of Jesus over him. Please bring Christ into his life and remove the lies of the enemy. Please help me to stay calm, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Whew, I felt much better!

As I got on the freeway, he did too. He crossed several lanes, cutting people off to get into the fast lane. I figured I was done with him. I continued on in the slow lane waiting for the 73 freeway exit which veered off to the right. I was feeling quite proud of myself I might add! As I went to change lanes, there he was again; he'd cut across four lanes and was now blocking me. "Ugh...what's this guys problem!" I shouted in my car. He sped up and got right next to me. As I turned to give him a "crusty" (aka-a dirty look,) I was reminded to pray for him again. So I did! As I was praying, he pulled in front of me as we both exited the freeway. I stayed behind him continuing to pray; the Lord was reminding me of something very important, and I needed to pay attention. When God highlights someone in my path, it's for a reason!  I have no idea what's going on in his life. I don't know if he knows Jesus Christ. I don't know if anyone is praying for him. But what I do know is that this seemingly "annoying" guy was brought directly into my path. I had a purpose and it wasn't to get angry. I needed to pray and stand in the gap. I may be the only person praying for this man to accept Christ into his life.

So now I'm going to remind each one of you; when that "annoying" person (family, friend, enemy, co-worker, other drivers, etc) are brought to your attention, remember, it's ALWAYS for a reason. You have a purpose and God is highlighting them for you. Prayer is powerful! Shower people with prayer and stand in the gap, ask the Lord to remove the strongholds and lies of the enemy in their lives. 

Who's being highlighted in your life today? It's time to step up and be a prayer warrior! Jesus commanded us to love one another. Make a difference today...recognize the Lord's promptings and pray for people!

"Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?" Mark 4:11-12 (NIV)

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." John 13:34-35   

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" Ephesians 6:18

No comments:

Post a Comment