Monday, January 14, 2013

Can You Do More?


With the recent passing of a girl that had come into my life for a short period of time, I found myself asking, "Can I do more?" By worldly standards she had everything, she was beautiful, perfect figure, large gorgeous home in Huntington Beach, CA, a loving husband and children. Not to mention she was a stay at home mom, enabling her to be with her kids and spend time doing the things she loved like volunteering her time and walking along the beach.

I'll admit, when I first met her I was a bit envious. She had it "ALL," along with an incredible, outgoing personality and infectious smile that immediately drew me in. But now, in hindsight, "Did she really have it all?

On a seemingly normal day...beautiful, vibrant, full of life, Annette passed away unexpectadly. No one could have foreseen it. It was a terrible tragedy. A life stopped short at the age of 40. Now I ask myself, "Could I have done more?" My answer...a resounding, "YES!" You see, I don't know if she knew Jesus Christ. I'm not sure because I didn't take the time to talk to her more. I didn't take the time to pray for her to allow Christ to fill her with His peace, comfort and love. I was too wrapped up in my everyday life to even think about it. In my quiet time with the Lord each morning I need to remember to make time for the people the Lord's put into my life. He's placed them there for a reason...it's ALWAYS about the people. We all need to remember that we, who have the love of Jesus Christ in us, have the most valuable treasure that can ever be shared with someone. The gift of eternal life with Him. As I reflect on all Annette had, I don't know if she was missing the greatest treasure of all, a Savior, Jesus Christ. 

So today and everyday henceforth, I'm determined to pray for those who cross my path and those who are in my life, to find Jesus Christ. I will show unconditional love to all I come into contact with allowing the Lord to work in me and through me. I want people to see and know the life restoring gift that can be theirs. I'm not talking about being annoying, judgmental or pushy, but through love and prayer. Allowing them to see Christ's nature in me and then praying for the Lord to open the doors to share what He's done in my life; how He restored a lost, broken, hurt, beaten down, hopeless woman who needed His forgiveness and love.

Can I pray for the people in my life who are struggling, hurting, filled with anxiety and no hope? Can I pray for those who have hurt or disappointed me? Can I pray for those who seem to have the perfect life but may be missing the key ingredient to make them complete? Each and everyone of us need to step it up this New Year. You have a chance to fulfill the Lord's purpose for you. Don't waste another moment...no one is promised tomorrow. Remember...IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT THE PEOPLE! Go share the treasure of Jesus Christ through prayer and unconditional love today!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us." Hebrews 9:12

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance." Hebrews 9:14-15

1 comment:

  1. I can do more and greater works in and by Christ Jesus. Gods sweetest blessings be poured upon you and yours.

    ReplyDelete