Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ARE YOU LOST IN A FAMILIAR PLACE?

"Can you help me, I'm totally confused and we've been walking forever?" the woman said with a sigh, as she approached me. I sat at the edge of the bluffs overlooking the ocean on my lunch break, trying to think of something inspirational to write and include in my weekly prayer requests I send out.

"Of course," I replied. She continued, "I've been here before and I parked by an entrance that was near a walkway leading down to the beach, but I can't seem to find it." She was carrying a large heavy bag and beach chairs. She had two little girls with her who were also weighed down with umbrellas, toys and towels. They looked tired of searching and ready to give up, head back to the car and go home. "Where am I? I can't find a trail down to the beach," the woman desperately asked, glancing down at the girls with droplets of sweat shining off their bright red faces.

I smiled and said, "There are two ways down in each direction. If you want to head back towards your car, there's a trail at the end of the road or you can go down the driveway in the same direction you're now heading." With relief she asked, "Which one's closer?"

"I would walk down the driveway that's just around this corner," I replied, pointing to my right. All three exhaled, as if they'd been holding their breathe, afraid they might have to walk miles farther. "THANK YOU!" they answered in unison. As they walked away I heard the woman apologizing to her exhausted girls.

Do you ever feel lost in a familiar place? Do you feel overwhelmed, tired and at your wits end, struggling just to make it through the day? Just like this woman and her two girls, the right path may be just around the bend. You may be tempted to quit, give up or throw in the towel, but your road to true happiness is so close. It may be hidden from your immediate view. You may need to take the necessary steps of trust and faith in the Lord, praying for His guidance and direction. With each step, Jesus Christ will lead you toward the path that takes you to that perfect place of peace, happiness, love and joy. Let the Lord be your guide. Stop and ask Him for directions today. Don't continue to walk for miles in the wrong direction with a load of burdens on your shoulders. Set them down at His feet and run in the direction He's leading you...to the true treasure He has planned for your life. Don't give up before you receive the glory and blessings He has in store for you. Your guide...your Savior, Jesus Christ is but a prayer away. Don't waste another minute...call out to Him and He will lead you safely through this.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. Matthew 21:21

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story.
    My pastor just preached in bible study that it is easy to start something up but hard to see it through. When it gets to the point where we get our prize, a lot of us including myself give up. As you wrote, it may not be in our immediate view but if we trust in God, he will see us through. Have a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete