Thursday, September 27, 2012

NEED HELP WITH YOUR PROBLEM?

Do you find yourself praying and then doubting? Do you feel that the problem you're going through will never get better? I know this has been an issue for me. I'll pray for change and then shortly after continue to talk about the problem in a negative way. I know this is human nature, to mull things over and over again in your mind, praying and then picking right back up where you left off.

I've been feeling very convicted in this area lately. I know that this is not healthy and each time I pray, laying it down at the feet of the Lord, allowing the Holy Spirit to move in the situation, I need to also pray for more trust and faith. Each time I start to talk negatively about the problem, I'm shutting the door on the Holy Spirit. I pray saying," Please help me." I wait for a while and then start to talk about it and worry what's going to happen. I begin to allow the enemy to move instead of the Holy Spirit. Soon I'm saying..."It's taking to long, maybe the Lord didn't hear my prayers or doesn't want to answer, what am I going to do now?" Once this negative self talk starts it sets a strong hold on my mind for the enemy to move in. To fill my head with doubt, lies, hurt, negative thinking and hopelessness. How can I expect the Holy Spirit to work when I'm not trusting? God always hears us. He always wants the best for us...HIS BEST is not necessarily our best.

According to one online website the Bible mentions Trust approximately 243 times. Faith is listed approximately 336 times. Doubt is mentioned approximately 400 times.

I think the Lord definitely knows that each of us struggle with doubt. He knows that this can be an area that trips us up. This can turn us away and head us off onto broken paths. The importance of praying for increased trust and faith (when added together is mentioned 579 times) opens the door for the Holy Spirit to move in and not only work in our lives and our problems, but also help to remove the doubt. It closes the door on the enemy. It sheds new light, peace and favor on the situation. 

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you increase my trust and faith in You. I pray for Your Peace in the waiting. I want to let go of my burdens and allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through me today. Please help me to not continue to murmur, grumble and doubt the work you are doing. Help me not to continue to pick up the problem again after I've given it to You. Give me the wisdom to know that Your plan is always better than anything I can do on my own and in my own ability. Help me to walk through the open doors and trust You when the door closes that You have something better in mind for me and my situation. I say these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Such A very inspirational words of wisdom!
    Great blog post!
    Thank you for your lovely comment and visit. :)
    Following you now.. ;)
    Hope you'll Follow back. Thank's A lot!
    God bless you...

    Kisses from VV!!
    www.voguelyvan.com

    ReplyDelete