Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Do You Have a BLESSING'S BOOK?

I turned on my air conditioning bothered that it was taking so long to get cold. I adjusted the radio station and thought, “Hey…what am I complaining about, I’m actually going to have air this summer and a radio.” God blessed me with a brand new car but I already forgot what I faced just a few months ago. My old car had some electrical issues that caused the radio to stop working and the air had a leak so it didn’t work either. I drove around like that for about four years. I never seemed to have the extra money to get it fixed. So I learned to just deal with it. But let me tell you, on those summer days when I had to drive inland, away from the coast, I suffered! 100+ heat in a black car with hot air swirling around inside is miserable! I’d arrive at my destination dripping with sweat, exhausted from the heat and grumpy because of it.

God blessed me with my new car. I can blast the cold air, crank up the radio and arrive at my destination feeling refreshed and happy. I need to remember that!

That got me thinking how quickly we forget the blessings in our lives. We go through difficulties and pray, crying out to God for His help. Once we receive it…we forget about it and move on.

It’s important write down when you receive answers to prayers. God blesses you and helps you overcome tough times and it’s important to remember that. I‘d like to challenge each of you to keep a My Blessing’s Book,” it doesn’t have to be anything long just a place you write down when God blesses and helps you. Be sure to write the everyday things (ie: when He’s given you peace during a tough time, comfort in mourning, strength in trials, trust through prayer, increased faith etc.) When difficulties come, as they always do, you can open your own personal Blessing’s Book and reflect on God’s faithfulness to you in your everyday life. It’s easy to forget if you don’t write it down. It will make a huge difference in your growth, trust & faith. It will serve as an instant reminder of how much God loves you and is faithful to show it!
A sign of God's faithfulness, promise & love
"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6 

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20
 



No comments:

Post a Comment