Thursday, May 17, 2012

Can You Sing in Dark?


I closed my eyes, praying for sleep to finally overtake me at 2:00 a.m. As I waited, out of the darkness rose the sound of music. Not instrumental, "human" music, but the songs of nature, birds singing rhythmic patterns cutting through the normal silence of the night. I listened until the melodic sound eventually lulled me off to sleep.

I awoke with a "To-Do" list a mile long running through my mind. I had so much to accomplish that I instantly felt a heaviness. I knew I needed to "gear up." I prayed, read my Bible and devotional, and headed out the door feeling lighter. But as the day progressed...I began to feel burdened, anxious and frazzled. Then it hit me, the memory from the night before, the birds singing in the dark. The Lord wants us to learn to sing His praises even when trials, struggles and darkness comes into your life.

The birds can sing even at night. They're secure that when the light comes, the Lord will once again feed and care for them. They do not worry about what's happening tomorrow. They sing even in darkness.

Pray for increased faith and wisdom to be able to sing, thank and praise the Lord no matter what's going on, good or bad. This shows that you have faith in God, the Maker of Heaven and earth. It will renew your strength and ability to trust Him. You are made in God's own image (Genesis 1:27). He holds you in the palm of His hand (Isaiah 49:16)...you are secure. Thank Him. Praise Him. Lay your problems before Him and free yourself up to sing His praises today. His plans for each of us are perfect, even when they are painful. His ultimate goal is for us to spend time and all eternity with Him. Don't waste today worrying about tomorrow, "His grace is sufficient for you." Cling to Him as He draws you into the comfort of His loving embrace. He will supply ALL your needs according to His good and perfect will for you.

HE LOVES YOU!

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?" Matthew 6:26-20

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24


2 comments:

  1. As soon as I discovered this web site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

    Check Out Also For: Daily Healthy Eating Plan and Portion Control Dishes

    ReplyDelete