Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blessings in Your Day


It was a normal Monday morning after Easter. I rushed out the door for work and while driving along Pacific Coast Highway, I felt a tinge of envy. Everyone was out jogging, riding their bikes, walking in wetsuits, board in hand heading out for a surf session. Several women where pushing their babies in strollers...it was a perfect spring day in Orange County, CA; which usually means...beach day.

I crossed over the ocean bridge, gazing out...glistening white sails speckling the bay. It was too nice of a day to be in an office for eight hours. I quickly pushed aside the negative thoughts and remembered to give thanks to the Lord for my job and living in a beautiful city. I may not be able to do everything I'd like to all the time, but I can remember to remain thankful for the blessings I've received from the Lord each day. I've been working on this a lot; removing envy/negativity and replacing it with thankfulness. The Lord has blessed my life in ways that I never expected or deserve.

Once at work I settled at my desk, prepared to spend the next eight hours doing my job. After an hour, one of my bosses said his brother was sick and wouldn't be in, (I do most of the work for him.) He told me I could go home since there wasn't anything for me to do.

My first though was, "I'm going to the beach...YES!"

As I sat in front of the crashing waves, seals playing in the water, pelicans dive bombing into the ocean for food and swarms of small birds flying in front of me at the oceans edge; I'm once again giving thanks for the unexpected changes in my day.

Remember to thank the Lord each day for blessings, both big and small. He is watching over you and blesses you for your gratitude to Him.


"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts wit praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalm 100:4

"While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." Luke 24:36

"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5

"I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8

No comments:

Post a Comment