Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I CHALLENGE YOU!


I sometimes have a problem with drifting. When things get difficult, my mind begins to wander. Thoughts fill my head as I start to search for answers. I begin to look for ways to change my current situation, trying to think outside of the box. In the end, still feeling a heaviness, a burden weighing me down. Suddenly realizing I've spun my wheels but have gone nowhere.

My first mistake is thinking I can handle whatever is going on alone. Don't get me wrong...I know that I can "handle it," but the consequences to doing things my way usually leaves me right back where I started...with overwhelming burdens.

There's a little challenge I started a while ago. Whenever I start 'drifting,' I follow the steps below & I'd like to challenge each of you to do the same in the coming weeks:

1. PROBLEM (figure out what your issue is)
2. PRAYER (before you do ANYTHING-PRAY about the problem)
3. READ BIBLE (Open up your Bible & let God fill you with HIS WORDS of WISDOM)
4. FAITH (Pray asking for Faith to let go and give it to Him)
5. TRUST (Continue Praying and ask for Trust to stop worrying & know God's with you)
6. THANKFULNESS (Thank Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ for their Loving Kindness & Faithfulness)
7. PRAY THROUGH YOUR DAY (Continue to pray quick Prayers throughout your day-establishing Trust)

These steps can be as quick as 5-10 minutes or as long as an hour. In the beginning it will be more difficult, but as you make a daily commitment to follow these steps, you'll cherish this alone time & not want to leave the "quiet place," with God.

REMEMBER, WHATEVER YOU'RE GOING THROUGH IS NOT TOO BIG FOR GOD.
LET GO & LET GOD!

"We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away."
Hebrews 2:1

So, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert."
Hebrews 3:7-8

"He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness."
Hebrews 5:2

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."
Hebrews 4:12-13

2 comments: