Tuesday, October 25, 2011

WHY vs. TRUST

It's often easy to say the right words, declaring your Trust in God and Jesus Christ. But when troubles come, (sickness, finances, loss, hurt) we often struggle to continue Trusting. The Trust is somehow replaced with, "WHY?"

We question, "If God loves us, how can He allow these things to happen to us? What lessons haven't we learned or have yet to learn? Why is He allowing these difficulties that seem unbearable, unimaginable in their weight and intensity?"

During these times, even though we're unable to know the reason behind it, one thing remains true, God is with you in the midst of it. He is the one you need to continue to cling to, Trust in and rely on to see you through it.

Wavering Trust leaves room for doubt to creep in; doubt moves to despair; despair leads to eventually taking matters into your own hands...thus telling God that you can handle things in your life better than He can.

God's timing may not be our timing. He may step in at the last possible moment, when you feel like you're being crushed. He may allow you to go through difficulties but show you His unending Love in the midst of it...carrying you Lovingly through each day. Moving you closer to His ultimate will and plan for your life. When the "Why's" begin to surface, spend some quiet time with God, just as Jesus did when He needed strength to finish His journey. His Love will encompass you, strengthening you, body, mind, and spirit...leading you to Trust in Him through the "Why's," knowing that He has you safely in the palm of His Hand. 

"My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek."
Psalm 27:8

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:14

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped."
Psalm 27:7

"Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge a strong fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth."
Psalm 31:2-5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment