Monday, June 20, 2011

FREE-Lenny Kravitz & U2 Tickets!





































We received free tickets to a U2 & Lenny Kravitz concert. We'd been looking forward to it all day...very excited. I drove (with my lead foot), making sure we'd arrive early. I didn't want to miss Lenny performing. As I was just about to turn into the paid parking ($25.00+) I noticed a sign off to my left which said, $1.00 Parking. In a split second decision, I checked my rear view mirror, ignoring the police waving me forward, swerved across 3 lanes to get into the left hand turn lane. I saw the $1.00 sign & NOTHING else mattered! The tail end of my car, unfortunately didn't make it all the way into the lane, cars were trying to get around me, horns blaring.

The policemen were glaring at us, shaking their heads...as we waited anxiously for the signal to turn green, uncomfortably avoiding their intimidating stares. When the light didnt change after 3 times, the cop started yelling at us. I was part way in the intersection in my attempt to get my rear end out of the fast lane...too far up to trigger the light, and someone was behind me stopping me from backing up. It was very stressful! When the light finally changed, I knew I'd still have to walk past the officer's after we parked. I was feeling incredibly anxious and didn't want to get out of the car. My night of fun was starting out full of stress and anxiety.

Sin can often affect you in the same way, making you feel guilty, believing everyone will know what you did and judge you for it. You start to avoid church, friends and family. You begin to isolate yourself. This is a trick of the enemy. He wants to get you alone, so the people who love you can no longer encourage and help pick you back up and lead you towards Christ's forgiving love.

Eventually I got out of car and reluctantly headed across the street. The police didn't notice or say anything to me as I walked with the crowd of people. I'm sure, had I been alone, it would've been a different story. I'd allowed a rash decision, stress, worry and fear, almost ruin my night.

Don't allow the enemy to continue to deceive you. Recognize his devices and grab hold of the outstretched hand of a friend or loved one. They are not there to judge you for your mistakes. The Lord has placed certain people in your life to help lead you back on the path towards peace, love and forgiveness.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God." Isaiah 41:9-10 

Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today." Exodus 14:13

"To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy-to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen." Jude 24-25

1 comment:


  1. oh.. so nice post.)
    Love your blog.))

    I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
    1. Why did you create a blog?
    2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
    3. How long will it keep going?

    ReplyDelete