Monday, March 14, 2011

OVERCOMING FEARS GRIP


story by: Lisa Petrarca

Our Heavenly Father knows how much we struggle with fear. It is consuming, overwhelming & stifling. Fear has a way of grasping hold of you & dragging you down until it's grip pulls so tightly you feel as if you're drowning, sucked deeper & deeper into the dark abyss. Trying desperately to swim to the top for air, but never finding enough fortitude & determination to push yourself to the surface.

It's in those times, when our strength & courage has diminished, the Lord is waiting for us to call HIM. HE DOESN'T WANT OR EXPECT US TO DO IT ALONE. He only asks that we SEEK HIM & HIS STRENGTH.

Fear is a tool of the enemy. He tries to shut us down, hold us back & keep us stagnate. He uses fear to manipulate our thoughts and eventually our actions. Do any of these sound familiar?

1. "I can't do it?"
2. "I'm not smart enough?"
3. "I always ruin everything!"
4. "What's the use, it wont ever change."
5. "No one really likes or truly cares about me!"
6. "I've made too many mistakes & bad choices in my life."
7. "I don't deserve better."
8. "Who would ever love me?"

The list of negative, self defeating thoughts can become endless, filling us with fear, controlling us. But the Lord wants to change those thoughts. He wants to heal all the lies, hurt & brokenness that the enemy has used to sway you for years.

As you pray, ask the Lord to teach you how to replace those self damaging thoughts. When destructive words pop into your head, replace them & SPEAK THE LORDS TRUE & LOVING WORDS. Start hearing and saying the things that your Heavenly Father thinks about you:

1. "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS YOU."

2. "YOU ARE MY SMART & AMAZING CREATION, CREATED IN MY IMAGE."

3. "YOU HAVE NOT RUINED ANYTHING, I AM THE AUTHOR & CREATOR OF ALL."

4. "YOU CAN FIND CHANGE IN ME."

5. "YOU ARE LOVED! MY LOVE FOR YOU SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING."

6. "YOUR MISTAKES CAN BE FORGIVEN."

7. "I GAVE YOU MY ONLY BEGOTTEN, JESUS CHRIST, A SACRIFICE FOR YOUR SIN."

8. "YOU DESERVE MY LOVE, TAKE THE GIFT WHICH I FREELY GIVE TO YOU."

My love for you reaches higher than the mountains and stretches wider and deeper than the sea. Take the love that I offer. My love will set you free. BELIEVE, "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD."

Isaiah 26:3
"You will keep perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal."

2 comments:

  1. Fear is very crippling, it has held me back for many years. My whole life actually. If I wasn't afraid of failure or what other people think of me, I would be in a completely different place in my life. I need to call on the Lord more to replace my negative thoughts with positve ones. Great post as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am soo happy that I found your blog :)I'm a Christian too and I just did a post relating to the Lord, thank you for this uplifting and encouraging post :) Awesome

    ReplyDelete